As Facebook, Google and LinkedIn added numerous security challenges to access and modify an account, apparently we are no longer able to set-up social sign up for exchanges.
Here's the details to configure social media sign-up on your Reciprio marketplace and member portal website. Hopefully these step by step instructions are clearer than mud. If not, click the smile icon on the bottom right of your screen and we will be happy to assist you.
Facebook App Creation
- Login to https://developers.facebook.com/
- Click create app link (top right corner). It will show a popup for Create a New App ID
- Add details such as Display Name and contact email
- Click Create App ID. After security check, you will get the App Settings page
- Left side Menu. Click add Product link
- On select Product page choose “Facebook Login” and click setup button
- Choose web (www icon)
- Enter website URL and click save button, then click all next button
- Click settings link on left menu Products -> facebook login
- Enter below domain in Valid OAuth redirect URLs fields by replacing WebsiteURL with the actual URL for your website http://www.WebsiteURL/index.php/home/fb_login and http://WebsiteURL/index.php/home/fb_login
- Click on save changes button
- Click Settings tab on left menu Under Dashboard link
- Add App icon and other details and click save
- Click App Review link in left Menu
- Make app public: click yes/no button
- Copy App id and App secret from Dashboard
- Share the App ID and App secret with our support team so we can add it to your config file (application/config/facebook.php)
Google Project Creation
- Login to https://code.google.com/apis/console
- Click Create Project link. Enter project name and save.
- Select your project and goto credentials page. (https://console.developers.google.com/apis/credentials)
- Click Create credentials and choose Oauth client id.
- Click configure consent screen button. Provide all required fields. Click save button.
- Select Web Application. Enter App Name
- Enter below URLs on “Authorized redirect URLs” section by replacing WebsiteURL with the actual URL for your website http://www.WebsiteURL/index.php/home/google_login and http://WebsiteURL/index.php/home/google_login
- Click create button
- Copy OAuth client id and secret
- Share your client ID and secret with our support team so we can add your client id and secret in your website config file (application/config/google.php)
LinkedIn Application creation
- Login (https://www.linkedin.com/secure/developer)
- Click Create Application Button. Provide details and logo
- After submission add below domain in Authorized Redirect URLs: fields http://www.gtxtrading.com/index.php/home/linkedin_login http://gtxtrading.com/index.php/home/linkedin_login
- Click update button
- Copy Client ID and client secret
- Share your client ID and secret with our support team so we can add your client id and secret in your website config file (application/config/linkedin.php)